A huge thank you to all the moms that helped during our Valentine’s party. Your kids had a wonderful time!
Tomorrow is the last day to turn in Six Flags and Schlitterbahn reading logs. Here are links if you need a new log.
On Monday, I sent out an email about our Class Poetry Book. See below for highlights...
Each family has a chance to order a personal copy for only softcover for $19.95 or hardcover for $ 24.95. Order forms are due back by Friday, March 9th.
1) Please make checks payable to Studentreasures Publishing NOT the school.
2) Ordering Online: Please be sure to include the Authorization Code on the order form and return it to school with your child.
3) Even if you do not wish to purchase a copy, please send back the form with NO marked so that it is indicated that your child’s page can be included in our class book and so that our class will receive a free book for all to enjoy.
Math: Students will practice and develop a deeper understanding of the idea that addition facts can help them solve subtraction facts because they are related. When given 3 numbers student should be able to generate the two addition and two subtraction facts that are related to these three given numbers. For example related facts for: 3, 4, 7...3+4=7, 4+3=7, 7-4=3, 7-3=4
Science: We will be wrapping up our unit on Living/Non-living, Interdependence, and Food Chains. We will review with several activities and test on Friday.
Reading with Integrated Social Studies: This week, students will continue to learn about goods and services by reading and discussing the books: Daisy Diaz Shakes Up Camp and Alexander, Who Used to be Rich Last Sunday. Students will learn that goods and services may be provided/received/exchanged by other means. For example, bartering (exchanging) and trading may be used to fulfill your needs and wants. We will also discuss that people need to make choices when things are scarce.
Writing: Students will select a poem from their collection and begin working on their individual page for our published class poetry book. This will include getting the poem to final copy form (written in pen) along with an illustration. While working on their page for our book, they will also be creating their own little poetry books that will house a collection of their own poems they wrote throughout our poetry unit.
Field Day Announcements
Schedule of Events:
2nd& 3rd Grades –8:00-9:45 am
4th& 5th Grades –10:00-11:45 am
K & 1st Grades –12:30 –2:15 pm
We need Parent Volunteers!
If you can donate any amount of time to help us run a station at Field Day, please visit our sign up genius link listed below. We appreciate you helping us make this day a success!
- Feb. 16 Six Flags Read To Succeed and Schlitterbahn Reading Logs due
- Feb.19-20 No School/Student Holiday
- Feb. 21-March 1 Apex Fun Run Fundraiser
- March 1 APEX Fun Run (on the track)
- March 6 3rd Grade Economics Fair (send in your quarters if you would like to make purchases)
- March. 9 Field Day
- March 9 Studentreasures class poetry book orders due (even if you marked no, please return form)
- March 12-16 Spring Break
- March 30 No school/holiday