I will not be in school this Friday. If your child will go home a different way, please send a note in his/her green daily folder for the sub. If the way home changes unexpectedly during the day, please call the office at 512-704-0600 and they will inform the substitute teacher.
I will post new RAZ Kids reading assignments on Thursday instead of Friday morning this week.
All Scholastic book orders by 3 PM on Friday, Nov. 17. Order online at https://clubs.scholastic.com/ My online teacher code is J6BVC
Next Week…(after break)
Math: This week we continue exploring concepts in Geometry. Students will be identifying, classifying and describing 3D shapes. Students are continually reviewing addition and subtraction concepts in a problem solving format.
Science: This will be our final week on Rocks, Soil, and Bodies of Water. This week, students will focus on rocks and how they are useful to us. Students will explore the usefulness of rocks through the creation of bricks and other hands -on activities. The test over this unit will be on Friday.
Reading: Using a variety of nonfiction texts over customs and traditions, students are going to continue to explore the features of nonfiction texts. They will be learning about glossary, bolded words, diagrams, and maps.
Writing: Students are going to continue developing their letter writing skills and learn about persuasive letters. Throughout the week, students will be writing various persuasive letters, trying to convince certain people they want or need something. Students will also be faced with a big problem and will need to write a letter trying to explain why a very important school tool should not quit on them. (This activity will go along with the book The Day The Crayons Quit.)
- Nov. 17 Scholastic Book Orders due
- Nov. 17 Mrs. Troccoli absent all day
- Nov. 20-24 Thanksgiving Break/No School
- Nov. 30 Holiday Luncheon for 1st grade (guests are invited to eat with students in cafeteria)
- Dec. 22 No School for students
- Dec. 25 - Jan 5 Winter Break/No School
- Jan. 8 Teacher Workday/No School for students
- Jan. 9 Students return to School from Winter Break
- Jan. 15 No School/MLK, Jr. Day
- Jan. 25 1st Grade Field Trip to The Thinkery (more info. to follow at a later date)
- Feb. 16 Six Flags Read To Succeed Reading Logs due
Library books are due every Tuesday and RAZ Kids reading assignments every Friday